BRANDS & PR
I’ve been living in a fixer-upper since 2014 and there are many product review opportunities while we renovate our first home. Each project I complete myself helps me save money towards the jobs that do require professionals.
To understand more about what we’re trying to tackle, Sharon Dale, reporter at The Yorkshire Post sums our living situation here very well.
If you would like to sponsor my blog or channel, I’ve added my list of jobs to do below I’ll be working my way through it, one step at a time, to put our house right. So if you feel you have something that is relevant and would like it to be featured in a YouTube tutorial or blog post, then please get in touch to disscuss.
BRAND OPPORTUNITIES FOR FUTURE DIY YOUTUBE/BLOG TUTORIALS
- Design a unique and tidy coat/boot rack (would need a scroll saw or use my router to carve my own sign)
- Build partition (in this room)
- Move staircase to another room (here’s our current one)
- Get an oven where the racks can hold the weight of a heavy Christmas turkey! (I’m also a food blogger at Tastefully Vikkie)
- Add trim
- Install paving slabs on rear for walkway
- Making our own patio with a path-maker and will be buying a concrete mixer
- Tidying up garden & restore patchy grass
- Decorative plants (example here)
- Build a BBQ area (for my DIY decking here)
- Maybe buy a hot tub(!)
- Staining fence and shed (as I did with my DIY Decking here)
- Reappointing garage brickwork
- Install fascia just under garage roof
- Painting garage wall
- Make my own house gate (and install a dog viewing bubble like this)
- Install new fencing on front of house
- Block paving/ driveway for front
Dormer Loft Conversion
- Redesign dormer/loft conversion (as featured in The Yorkshire Post here)
- Install an ensuite when dormer is how we want it
- Create a man-cave/entertainment room
- Change remaining loft in to usable space
- Install solar panels on roof
- Replace dormer’s double glazing to match with remaining house
- Clad dormer with cedar wood
- Carpets (here’s one I installed myself)
- Add laminate trim either side of patio door
- Repair any failed double glazing
- Spray gun system for easy painting, eg, solar reflective paint on my conservatory roof
- Build a Utility in my conservatory
- Make/Design my own wooden kitchen cupboards in my conservatory
- Make my own utility kitchen worktop (would need a biscuit cutter, plane thicknesser)
- Tiling utility (here’s how I tiled my kitchen)
- Plumbing sink in utility
- Replace washing machine, tumble drier, spare freezer etc with integrated ones for utility
- Buy a sofa, etc
- Make a modern industrial style book shelf
- Add a radiator
- Fix bedroom curtain rail (drywall)
- Install sliding mirrored wardrobe
- Make a DIY headboard (currently working on)
- Make furniture as and when, eg a desk, coffee table. (Here’s my beginner’s DIY workbench)
- Any home interiors that will help our home more comfortable.
- Replace doors in the house
- Make a DIY dog gate for front door in hall (he hates the postman!)
- Replace missing skirting boards
- Make my own picture frames and prints using my router
- Shabby chic furniture as and when (YouTube example with 23k+ views)
- Replace Henry Hoover (one that’s man enough for dust and rubble)
- Plastering or alternatives (here’s a 3d Wall alternative I’ve installed recently)
- Painting walls, skirting boards and door frames
Camper Van Travel (I feature once a month vlogs)
- Awning for our Mercedes Vito self made camper van
- Anything that enhances living for camper van travel
- Trims for a self-made Mercedes Vito camper van
And any jobs that can improve the functionality of our home.
- 73% Male out of 2k YouTube subscribers (I’m trying to encourage more females/DIY novices to help teach/save money)
- Aged 25-54
- 52% UK based
- Home & Garden
- Saving money
VIDEO EXAMPLES WHERE I’VE REVIEWED PRODUCTS
Updated 19th July
- Tropiclean Fresh Breath Dog Teeth Cleaning Gel Review 2015 (46k Views) *A one off
- Annie Sloan Dark Wax 2015 (23k)
- Ronseal Decking Staining 2016 (3k Views)
- ManoMano DIY Shed Shelves March 2017 (2k Views)
- Blinds Direct DIY Sloping Vertical Blinds July 2017 (500 Views)
Other most popular videos in order that are more tutorial focused can be found here.
If you have a product that is’t on this list but you think could be relevant to me and my viewers, then feel free to get in touch.
However, please note, my reviews are always tactfully honest to help my viewers pick the right product for them.
I share my projects to hopefully encourage, save people research time, money and teach what I’ve picked up.
I’m in no way a DIY expert, but my Dad and father in law (skilled in carpentry/cabinet making/property developing/mechanics/engineering) are my go-to references. My Dad has always taught me that money is “hard earnt’, easy spent“, but the sense of achievement is even greater!
Sorry, no info-graphs or guest posts.