Yesterday I had three hours to kill while I waited for my car’s brakes to be changed at its dealer, so I toodlepipped my way to a nearby McDonald’s over breakfast while I thought of this post’s concept.
7 Jobs in 7 Days: A DIY Ticklist & More
Luckily, there was a B&Q in the same retail park, so I could do some research on jobs and nip over to buy supplies to get me started.
Whether this challenge is achievable or not, I don’t quite know yet, but nonetheless, I’m going to give things a go. Just because it’s a 7 Day challenge doesn’t mean I’ll rushing through things though; I still want things done right and see more progress in our house. And if all goes well, maybe I can try it again another week? But to ease me in to the list, the fact that I’d lost half a day with my car, it really set me back at work, so thought it was best to call it Job 1. Sadly though, what I’d agreed to pay for at my car dealer was very different to what the assistant had in fact sold me and left me extremely miffed with more jobs than I had bargained for. There’s quite a few morals to this story, but I’ll save them for the next blog post.
But here’s my to do list so far:
- Redo a small section of silicone seal in kitchen
- Fix leak on connecting pipe at back of washing machine
- Finish the living room’s laminate flooring (sadly some had to come due to leaky pipes underneath)
- Paint side of wardrobe
- Sell our old furniture on eBay
- Sell other things on eBay
- Contact Indesit for Dishwasher replacement part
- Replace near side rear light on car
- Any other car jobs to be added
So those are my jobs for my first 7 Day Challenge. Let’s see how it goes and let me know below if you’re inspired to give it a go too!
If you want to follow my DIY and life journey, then why not subscribe for free updates?